NOUN IN DETAILED NOTES -Noun types with example
What is a noun?
Every naming word is a noun. or Noun is the name of a person, place, Quality Condition, Position and a things. For Example- Ram, Delhi, City, Ramayana etc.
Types of Nouns – Noun types with example
There are five types of noun.
- Proper noun – A proper noun is the name of a particular person, place or things. Ex – Ram, Raja, Tajmahal etc.
- Common noun – A common noun is the name given in common to person or things of same kind. Ex – book, copy, fan, man, window, boy girl etc.
- Collective noun – A collective noun is the similar individrals. Ex.- Class, parliament, committee , Jury bench, crew Government, fanily, Bunch, constellation, Galaxy, fleet of cars,/ Aeroplanes, ships, bavy .
- Material noun– The substances of which things are made . Ex.-Gold, silver, Glass, plastic, water, oil, petrol, wheat, rice, pulse, money, etc.
- Abstract noun- An abstract noun denotes some quality, state or action. Ex.-Honesty, wisdom, cleverness, Bravery, Cowardice, darkness, whiteness, Brightness, childhood, youth, Oldage, poverty, Laughter, Movement , Justice, Mathematics, physics etc. [Note- Abstract Noun Farther divided into 2 parts ]
- Countable Noun :- That which can be counted . [Ex.- 1Proper noun , common noun, collective nouns are countable noun .]
- Uncountable Noun :- That which can’t be counted. [Material noun ,Abstract noun are uncountable noun]
- uncountable noun के पहले A/An लगाकर singular या s/es लगाकर plural नहीं बनाई जाती है
- uncountable noun के साथ हमेशा singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।
- (A) gold is /a precious metal and /used in making jewellery /N.E.
- wisdom comes with age . (a) come (b) comes (c) have come (d) are coming
- I like /(a) music/ I have nothing to do /N.E.
- We must oppose /injustices /done to the poor /N.E.
- (A) mathematics /is an easy /subject /N.E.
- A one – rupee note,
- A ten – rupee note ,
- Three ten – rupee note,
- A three -member committee ,
- A hundred -student class .
- English Grammar full pdf Download
- One word substitution List
- List of Idioms and phrases
- What is Noun?
- What is Pronoun?
- What is adjective?
- What is adverb?
- Daily use English Sentences
- List of 1000 verb
- Opposite word list
- All Tenses list with example
- How to introduce yourself?
- Preposition English Grammar List
- Informal and Formal verb List
- List of important full form
- A, An, The articles
- What is conjunction? With example
- Parts of speech English Grammar
- Active and passive voice English grammar